Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sophie Graduates from "Pretty K" and Begins Her Career

Sophie's had an unusual school situation this year. She goes to one class MWF, and then to a completely different class, with different students and different teachers, on TTh. I chose that arrangement because I wanted her to be able to have the same teacher she had when whe was two; I trusted that she would adapt to the switches, and she did. The unanticipated result, though, is that every school-related event has come in twos. Two birthday celebrations, Two Hanukkah parties, two Purim parties, two Mothers' Teas and Fathers' breakfasts... And, now, two graduations. They both went swimmingly. Here she is during the first ceremony, on Monday (filmed from the primo front-row seats that I bought at the school auction-- worth every penny):

During the Thursday graduation, her teacher asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up. Her answer: "A mommy, a Princess, a scrapbooker, and a painter."

She launched one of those careers today, when she opened her own Scrapbook store. It's called, coincidentally, Scrapbook Destination. Despite the fact that I never scrapbook anymore, I was asked to be the first shopper in her store.



We had a little problem when she tried to dictate what I could and couldn't buy from the store she'd laid out, so we took a break for a quick lesson in retail theory. Finally, she tore the remaining items into tiny pieces, and insisted that I shop. She is holding up my "credit card" (one of my business cards), which she swiped and returned to me, saying, "Please come back a different day!"

6 comments:

Houston said...

She is too sweet! Congratulations Sophie!

Ranger and Tanner said...

my at looks like she has a well stocked store...congrats on the 'pretty K' graduation.

Anonymous said...

I think she's getting the hang of it. she's well on her way.

Unknown said...

I wonder who her hero is...
Great job Mom!
B-

Heather Harrell Photography said...

I love that she already has a job. Can she teach that work ethic to *my* five year old??? :-)

Emily Pitts said...

i can not stop smiling and releasing an occasional giggle at the store concept. that girl is incredible. you need to keep her. she'll prove her worth a million times over. :)