No, just into the black hole known as "Scrapbook Destination." If I'm not at the store I'm dialing in from home, or poring over catalogs, or thinking about how to market the store. It's still fun, but exhausting.Today I'm chilling with the fam. We had a lovely Christmas Eve/Morning, marred only by the fact that Sophie is very sick. The doctor said it's not an ear infection or strep, and they dismissed the idea of pinkeye; later, though, her eye got completely gunky so they called in a prescription. Jon's first two times putting the drops in her eyes were no one's idea of fun. She didn't even want to open her Christmas Eve present, though she finally got on board when she heard Madeline & Baxter exclaiming over their new jammies. (I say "heard" because she refused to open her eyes, post-drops. Poor thing.)
The kids (that's them up there, waiting to be "released" this morning to see what Santa brought) all got exactly what they asked for-- except Baxter, whose present was beyond his wildest dreams: Lego Star Wars (the complete saga) for the Wii. He is in heaven, and he and Jon have played through a couple of levels so far. Lots of puzzles to solve, things to figure out... and Baxter's frighteningly good with a light saber already. (Jon stood in line the morning after Thanksgiving to get the much sought-after Wii. We unveiled it for Hanukkah, primarily because Jon couldn't wait until Christmas. We have Wii Sports & Wii Play, and the kids are gradually picking up some skills.)

Sophie got "Princess & Fairy Stuffed Animals," as requested. Two bears, which are supposed to be stuffed by the recipient but were actually stuffed by her mother. Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella & Tinkerbell costumes-- what could be better?
Madeline asked only for a "giant stuffed animal," and that's exactly what she got. Her soft, white bear is nearly as big as she is, and has been christened (less-than-originally) "Snowy." That's because, she says, it's such a snowy day.That's right-- an actual white Christmas here in Denver. The first one I remember-- Jon read that it's only snowed on 14 of the last 86 Christmases. Our nice neighbor & his son & his son's roommates came and used the snowblower & shovels to clear our sidewalk AND driveway--a lovely Christmas mitzvah. Ha.
Wanna know what *I* got? I got a present for the Wii, too. Jon surprised me with it-- totally unexpected. I am a bonafide GUITAR HERO. Jealous? You should be. It is SO much fun. If I hit fifteen or twenty notes in a row I feel like a total rock star. Okay, so I'm no Eddie Van Halen (heck, I'm not even Nigel Tufnel), but it sure is fun. I can see the appeal, but I am amazed at how much energy it must take those guys to play an entire set under hot lights. I'm not worthy!
3 comments:
I love the picture of Baxter! What a great face he is making! Go Guitar Hero! You know you really should share your new game with your friends:)
It's good to see you post again!
Sounds like a great day!
i have no idea who nigel tuf... is. is that bad?
Post a Comment